Maag Pump Systems Unveils A Brand New Gear Pump Portfolio Of Products Delivering Up To 50 Percent Higher Performance
OBERGLATT, Switzerland — October 16 2013 — "The best just got better" may be an overworked phrase
yet it could not be truer in the case of the Swiss-based market leader. With the launch of its 6th
generation gear pumps, to be first unveiled at the K'2013 show, Maag redesigned every single
component featured in its pump portfolio, from gears and shafts through to bearings and seals,
fine-tuning how all components interact, culminating in a system with a new industry-leading
Customers will mostly benefit in terms of productivity and process security in a variety of ways that make the new pumps even more versatile.
- A vastly improved volumetric efficiency makes it possible to operate at reduced rpm, shear rates and temperatures, and consequently a narrower residence time distribution. This will favorably impact production rate, polymer quality and pump lifetime, while reducing energy consumption by as much as 5 to 10 percent,
- The advantage of an enhanced pump geometry will be welcomed by manufacturers of easily degradable products, in particular during degassing stages where minimum fill levels translate into reduced residence time. Customers will thus be able to minimize the levels of volatiles in their products.
- Product quality is improved overall. Due to the enhanced pressure capabilities, finer filter meshes can now be used further down the line. And a higher volumetric efficiency and fewer pulsations guarantee a constant quality and output of the final product.
- Given its increased operating range, Maag's new gear pumps will enable manufacturers to branch out into the production of a wider variety of products since they can handle up to as much as five orders of magnitude of viscosity.
- Maag also offers alternative housing designs for its polymer extraction pumps, with matching interfaces to older pump generations. Thus, customers looking for dramatic cost-effectiveness while debottlenecking their existing plant will greatly benefit from the outstanding performance of this new generation, with minimum installation costs.
The portfolio is comprised of multiple sizes covering throughput ranges from a few kg/ h up to 100 t/h, with application-optimized design options. Sizes 250 and above will be available at launch, while others will be introduced in the course of 2014.
"Maag quite simply offers the most cost effective and efficient positive displacement pump portfolio on the market today. It can extract polymer from a device with an astonishingly high viscosity of up to 200'000 Pas, depending upon the pump size, which is absolutely unheard of in our industry" says Head of Polymer Pumps Manfred Waeckerlin. It is the result of no less than 8 years of holistic research and development, and we are convinced that it will bring Maag and its customers into a new era in terms of productivity."
Maag Pumps Generation 6 will be launched during the K'2013 show in October in Düsseldorf.
Posted November 4, 2013
Source: Maag Pump Systems