SDC Innovation Award 2014 Finalists Announced
BRADFORD, England — April 2, 2014 — SDC today announced the finalists in the SDC Innovation Award 2014. The award is designed to recognise those at the pinnacle of achievement in coloration innovation. It prompted an overwhelming response, with entries from a wide range of sectors, and 17 countries worldwide.
There are two categories of award: large scale organisations, and small/medium sized enterprises (SMEs).
The finalists and title of their entries are as follows:
Large scale organizations
- Archroma — advanced denim technology
- Novozymes — combined dyeing and biopolishing
- Unilever Research — breakthrough whiteness technology for laundry detergents
- Colourtone Masterbatch — innovative black colorants for the recycling of packaging
- Perachem — TruKolor/permanent hair dyes and ReKolor
- University of Huddersfield -—ABC syringe making invisible risk, visible
Congratulations to all the finalists. The entries were judged by a panel including Professor Bob Christie, Dr David Hinks, Dr John Provost, Professor Roger Wardman, and the chair of the panel, Dr Ian Holme.
The winner in each category will receive a cash prize and the prestigious SDC Innovation Award 2014. The winners will be announced at the SDC's Day of Celebration, to be held in York, UK on 16th May.
Posted April 2, 2014