INDA Announces "Pure Opportunity" At The Filtration® 2014 International Conference & Exposition
CARY, N.C. — July 10, 2014 — INDA announces the Filtration® 2014 International Conference & Exposition will be held at the Baltimore Convention Center in Baltimore, Md. Nov. 18-20 and will focus on nonwoven media for air and liquid filtration. The conference and expo will highlight industry-leading presentations, filtration educational training, face-to-face business meetings and showcase new products on the exposition floor. The “Pure Opportunity” theme of the event builds on the purification function of filter media and the healthy 4 percent annual growth rate of this important business sector which accounts for $6 billion in end-use sales.
The conference portion of the Filtration 2014 features preeminent speakers that will spotlight the advancements in technology and applications; the issues surrounding healthy, safe air quality and how it can be improved; human health; and a special focus on nanotechnology. A few of the highlights of the conference program are:
- “The Long View: The Future of Filtration,” Behnam Pourdeyhimi, Ph.D., The Nonwovens Institute
- “Use of Air Filtration Systems to Reduce Risk of Swine Viruses,” Montserrat Torremorell, DVM, Ph.D., University of Minnesota
- “Towards Sustainable Nanotechnology: Opportunities and Challenges with Engineered Nanoparticles,” Georgios A. Sotiriou, Ph.D., Harvard University
- “Evaluating and Controlling Exposures to Nanoparticles: The Role of Filtration – Research and Application Studies,” Charles L. Geraci, Ph.D., National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH)
- “Health Effects of Nanoparticles,” Joseph D. Brain, Ph.D., Harvard University
A new feature for FILTRATION 2014 is the co-location of INDA’s Nonwoven Filter Media Training Course prior to the exposition, all day on Nov. 18 and Nov. 19, Wednesday morning. Led by Christine Sun, Ph.D., Principal, Textile Research Associates, this training course presents an opportunity to discover the principles of filtration, market and technology trends, technologies, products, test standards, unmet needs, and the growing potential of filter media products.
Concurrently, the National Air Filtration Association will present the NAFA Air Tutorial, Nov. 18, Tuesday morning, and will cover the following topics:
- “Technology of Clean Air: How Do Filters Remove Micro-contaminants from the Environment?,” Chris Zaker, Glasfloss Industries
- “Air Filter Application and Best Practice,” Stephen Nicholas, Air Industries, Inc.
- “Air Filtration Applications for Health and the Indoor Environment,” Jim Rosenthal, Allergy Clean Environments
Dave Rousse, INDA’s President, said, “The addition of INDA’s Nonwoven Filter Media Training Course and the NAFA Air Tutorial to the 2014 Filtration Conference & Exposition enables attendees to optimize their travel spend. It demonstrates INDA’s commitment to bringing together in one place high- quality content to advance the success of filtration professionals.
Filtration is a key growth sector within nonwovens and Filtration 2014 continues to be the major event of the year for this important market.”
For full details on the conference program and the exposition, or to register for Filtration 2014 or the Nonwovens Filter Media Training Course, visit inda.org/events/filt14.
Posted July 15, 2014