Shanghai Highlights Innovations
The upcoming edition of ITMA Asia + CITME invites the global industry to view the latest textile machinery and innovations.
TW Special Report
The Shanghai New International Expo Centre (SNIEC) in Shanghai’s Pudong district will again host the biennial exhibition ITMA Asia + CITME, now in its fourth edition, June 16-20, 2014. Members of the textile industry are invited to view the latest innovations and technology available to the global textile industry.
The event’s owners — the European Committee of Textile Machinery Manufacturers (CEMATEX); the Sub-Council of Textile Industry, China Council for the Promotion of International Trade (CCPIT-TEX); China Textile Machinery Association (CTMA); and China International Exhibition Center Group Corp. (CIEC) — have once again selected the Beijing Textile Machinery International Exhibition Co. Ltd. (BJITME) and co-organizer MP International Pte Ltd., Singapore, to choreograph the event. The Japan Textile Machinery Association (JTMA) also is a partner organization for the event.
ITMA Asia + CITME 2012 hosted 1,298 exhibitors and around 92,000 visitors at the Shanghai New International Expo Centre.
“Having held three successful presentations of the ITMA Asia + CITME combined show since its launch in 2008, we are confident that the upcoming showcase will be the most effective marketing and sourcing platform for both Chinese and international textile and textile machinery manufacturers.”
Exhibitors And Visitors
ITMA Asia + CITME 2012 welcomed 1,298 exhibitors from 28 countries and regions — with China, Italy, Germany, Taiwan and Japan as the top five participating economies. Total exhibition space grossed more than 130,000 square meters. Approximately 92,000 visitors from 107 countries and regions toured the show floor during the five-day exhibition. The greatest number of overseas visitors came from Japan, India, Taiwan, Indonesia and Korea. More than 25 percent of visitors were from overseas.
ITMA Asia + CITME attendees observe a demonstration of a weaving machine on display at the 2012 show.
Products will be arranged into 17 chapters as follows:
- Chapter 1 — spinning preparation, man-made fiber production and spinning machinery; and auxiliary machinery and accessories;
- Chapter 2 — winding, texturing and twisting machinery; and auxiliary machinery and accessories;
- Chapter 3 — machinery for web formation, bonding and finishing of nonwovens and felting; and auxiliary machinery and accessories;
- Chapter 4 — weaving preparation, weaving and tufting machinery; and auxiliary machinery and accessories;
- Chapter 5 — knitting and hosiery machinery, auxiliary machinery and accessories;
- Chapter 6 — embroidery machinery, auxiliary machinery and accessories;
- Chapter 7 — braiding machinery and accessories;
- Chapter 8 — washing, bleaching, dyeing, printing, drying, finishing, cutting, rolling and folding machinery; and auxiliary machinery and accessories;
- Chapter 9 — garment-making machinery, other textile processing machinery, auxiliary machinery and accessories;
- Chapter 10 — laboratory testing and measuring equipment and accessories;
- Chapter 11 — transport, handling, logistics, storing and packing equipment and accessories;
- Chapter 12 — equipment for recycling, waste reduction, and pollution prevention; and accessories;
- Chapter 13 — software for design, data monitoring, processing and integrated production;
- Chapter 14 — dyestuffs and chemical products for the textile industry;
- Chapter 15 — equipment and products to ensure machinery and plant operations;
- Chapter 16 — services for the textile industry; and
- Chapter 17 — research and educational institutions.
Show organizers believe ITMA Asia + CITME’s successful track record will attract the best the textile industry has to offer and will pave the way for another successful event. “The combined show has been highly recognized by leading textile and textile machinery industry players as it offers them a reputable showcase in China for their products and services,” said Wang Shutian, president, CTMA. “With the stellar demand projection of Asia’s textile machinery and the steady growth of domestic demand for textile and garment, we are confident that the 2014 combined show will score another success.”
For more information about ITMA Asia + CITME 2014, visit itmaasia.com.