ITMA Asia + CITME 2014 Exhibitor Preview: Mesdan
BRESCIA, Italy — May 28, 2014 — At the forthcoming ITMA Asia – CITME 2014 exhibition (Shanghai, 16-20 June), MESDAN, the renowned Splicer and Laboratory equipment producer from Italy, will have two distinguished display area:
Spinning area, Hall W5 - booth C02
- Yarn Splicers, a variety of yarn joining techniques will be on display:
- Jointair ®
- Aquasplicer ®
- Hot Jointair ®
- MoistAir ®
Mesdan splicers are available in both hand-operated and automatic version.
The later for the retrofitting of SAVIO and Qindgao Hongda winders, replacement of old splicers with latest splicing technology aimed to improve yarn quality and winder performances.
Particular focus of interest is expected on:
- MoistAir ® 6901R, launched at Shanghaitex 2013, its extraordinary results in splicing fine TENCEL® yarns (not only!) brought forward consistent orders and increasing success;
- Indigo Splicer 4662, unique solution to knotless joining of Denim rope-dyed Indio yarns;
- Hot Jointair ® 4984B, a quality splice benchmark for worsted, cashmere and fancy yarns.
- Quality control testing equipment, the main focus we expect on the AQUA-LAB, an innovative instrument for accurate measurement of moisture content and regain in fibres and yarn packages.
- Fast, a measurement takes only few seconds
- High repeatability and reproducibility of results
- Perfect correlation with a regain oven (standard drying system)
- No sample weighing or preliminary preparation required
- Non-destructive method , no waste of material
- Simple test execution which can be performed by unskilled personnel
- The instrument automatically measures moisture regain by means of a powerful dedicated software that provides statistical analysis of the results and calculates commercial parameters fully automatically
- Reduced consumption of electricity (about 0.125 kW), practically zero when compared to a classic oven-drying (about 10 kW)
- Low power microwave radiations released do not endanger the end user
- No calibration required
- Free of maintenance: no consumables, no wear, no aging
- Compact and robust instrument that does not require special environmental conditions to operate properly.
During the ICCTM conference held in Bremen/Germany on March 18, 2014, the ITMF International Committee on Cotton Testing Methods (ICCTM) gave full recognition to AQUA-LAB.
Other testing equipment on display in the spinning hall will be:
- NATI, Neps and Trash indicator, a very popular tool for detecting, measuring and classifying neps in row material and slivers,
- AUTODYN, fully automatic tensile strength tester ;
- MT EVENNESS and HAIRINESS tester, fully automatic evenness tester for slivers, rovings and spun yarns, both natural and man-made, complete with the hairiness sensor;
QC & Dyeing testing area, Hall E6 – booth F01
The Mesdan’s 2013 acquisition of the majority stake of Gavazzi SrL company, renowned Italian manufacturer of Laboratory equipment for dyeing and finishing, gave a great impulse to Mesdan-Lab in broadening further the applications of its textile QC laboratory equipment range.
The ITMA Asia 2014 will testify a premier launch of the new Mesdan DyeLab systems. Under the slogan “From lab to bulk”, some innovative new equipment will be showcased for the first time, two deserve particular attention:
- The AUTO- CHROMA Infra Red “click-valve” dyeing machine, endowed with two very special features:
- Fully automatic dosing (up to 3 automatic valves) eliminates stop-start operations and improves considerably dyeing uniformity,
- Special 300cc pots design (patent pending worldwide) allows for use of only one type of pot for all liquor ratio which covers the following volumes: 100, 150, 200,, 250 and 300cc. Bigger pots capacity 500 and 1000cc available as well. These and other factors allow drastic dyeing time reduction, improved dye accuracy, uniformity and dye reproducibility.
Fully programmable, suitable for low liquor ration dyeing (1:5), for all types of dyes, dye methods and materials (fibers, yarns, fabrics).
- The H.T. AUTO- DYEING machine, miniature laboratory pilot piece dyeing machine, replicates bulk dyeing. Main features:
- fully automatic, from pre-treatment to washing off – Load unload principle (similar to bulk)
- dyes fibres, yarns, fabrics made of any dyeable fibres and their blends
- all Parameters are fully programmable, including Auto Dosing (3 automatic dosing tanks expandable to 5)
- 60 selectable different dyeing programs each with graphic display
- user selectable dye bath capacities at the time of ordering: 300cc, 600cc or 1000cc
- controller versions: basic (with one programmer for all positions running same program) or endowed with the Flexi-Tech (with PLC controller) for independent management of each dyeing position
- liquor ratio from 1:5 up to 1:20 ( dependent of GSM of fabric to be dyed)
- excellent repeatability within one bath and reproducibility between baths - delta (<0,4 CMC 2:1) and RFT (> 95%)
- high quality thermal insulation saves on power and enables faster temperature increase
- options available: PH tap, capacity reduction sleeves (to reduce liquor ratio), vacuum pump (for VAT dyeing)
The whole range of Mesdan DyeLab systems is made in Italy using best quality stainless steel and best electronic components.
At the same both, other testing instruments for the physical fabric testing will be on display:
- the 9 position MARTINDALE, abrasion and pilling tester, due to its consistent quality and result reproducibility, the Mesdan Martindale is considered already a benchmark for the Chinese government Inspection Bureaus as well as International private testing houses;
- the AIRTRONIC, air permeability tester complying with major international standards (JIS, ASTM, EN ISO, EDANA, etc);
- new BURSTAMATIC, pneumatic bursting tester, main features:
- suitable for testing 5 different different/sizes
- fully programmable, measures sample distension and cycling fatigue
- large colour touch screen with live graphic display during test execution
We invite you to discover Mesdan novelties and get a demonstration on site of both Mesdan’s avant-garde yarn splicing technology as well as Mesdan QC Laboratory equipment.
Posted June 3, 2014